Especially, if you’re not very tech savvy.
And, unfortunately, many small business owners who could really use the web to get their fledgling business off the ground face this reality.
Now, as many of you know, I love developing solution to people’s problems.
Just as I did with my Missing Child Alerts app and I do every day with OnlineChimp.com, I have recently set out to help small business owners, with very little computer experience, create simple, elegant and affordable websites to help their business grow!
A New Product Is Born
While the world was anxiously awaiting the arrival of Kanye and Kim’s baby, I’ve been in the lab brewing up something special.
Something that, as the title of this post would suggest, is designed to help small businesses grow online… easily and affordably!
This little project I’ve been tinkering with on the side for a little over a year now (and can partially account for my recent absence from this blog), is a small business website builder tool called Online Chimp’s Website Solution.
I’ve done a lot of marketing and web design work for small businesses over the last decade and I noticed two things:
- Most small business owners are not very tech savvy (OK, that might be generalizing a bit, but out of the clients I have either taken on or leads I have spoken too, this is true)
- And most of them do not have big budgets to hire a dedicated “web” person (or they don’t realize the potential value in it)
I typically work with clients that have larger budgets, but I also wanted to create a cost-effective solution for those without deep pockets, so I figured I could alleviate two problems here: help grow my business while helping small business owners grow theirs!
It’s a win-win!
Crimeny, Another Website Builder Tool?
Yea, it seems as though every major domain registrar, and then some, have their own website builder software.
And, I actually asked myself the above question before deciding to pull the trigger.
After many restless nights, soul searching, and hallucinating in a sweat lodge, I ultimately felt it would be a good idea for the following reasons:
- I wanted to create a tool that I would know forwards and backwards so I could easily customize it per client (if need be) and provide a level support unfound with other tools.
- I have my own ideas of what would be easy to use, and while this varies greatly depending on the clients level of experience, I didn’t feel some of the other solutions out there were really user-friendly.
- I have ported over many websites from free and paid website builder tools, and one thing always remained consistent: the code sucked! Now, I by no means believe I’m some sort of god-like programmer, but I do know a thing or two and I spent a lot of time (and am still refining) the code in my tool to be standards compliant, fast loading and search engine optimized.
There are a few other reasons, but those are the big 3 that motivated me to charge head first into such a crowded space.
Check it out: Online Chimp Website Solution
And I’d like to ask you for a little feedback…
If you were to create an easy to use website builder tool, what would you add/leave out? I love brainstorming with others so send me your ideas via email or in the comments below.
Share this post with your twitter followers: Tweet
Subscribe...And I'll send only the best content to
help explode your online success!